M4RA Reading Mentoring Instruction Session
The M4RA Reading Mentoring Instruction Session is the initial training to learn about the M4RA reading mentoring program. This 1:1 reading mentoring program can be implemented in public schools, juvenile detention facilities, and other organizations. Participants will be instructed on the research and value of 1:1 reading mentoring for students with disabilities and students at-risk for reading failure. During this session, participants will learn ways to involve the community, parents, and school peers to help students improve their reading and self-confidence. Administrators are encouraged to attend with those chosen to coordinate/help plan the beginnings of mentoring in their school(s) and/or organization.
Free trainings which includes:
- M4RA Instruction Session is sponsored by OCECD (Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities)
- Each school/organization receives 2 M4RA Resource Guide Books
- Discount code to purchase your Readinga-z license
- 6 contact hours
- Support from Amy and Debby to begin and to continue your reading mentoring program
Goals: Attendees will gain an understanding and functional knowledge to implement a 1:1 reading mentoring program.
Objectives: Attendees will
- be instructed in the overview of M4RA and www.Readinga-z.com.
- be given ideas about how to select, assess and track students.
- learn about www.Readinga-z.com materials including Alphabet, Phonological Awareness, Phonics, High Frequency Words, Comprehension and Fluency/Comprehension Packs.
- be instructed how to make and use individualized lesson plans that correlate to the needs and pace of each student.
- be instructed about ideas for recruiting mentors and how to train mentors with Role Play of a mentoring session.
- be shown ideas to share information about its Mentoring Program to teachers, parents, administrators, school board, and community members.
- be instructed how to use the www.M4RA.org and www.Readinga-z.com websites.
->Wednesday, November 15th, 2017; Tiffin City Schools, Lincoln Pre-K, 124 Ohio Avenue, Tiffin, OH, 44883.
Sign in: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
M4RA Instruction Session: 9-3:00 p.m. including a half hour working lunch.
You need to bring your own packed lunch.
Park on the street or in any open space in the smaller lot. Use the double doors immediately near the handicapped parking to enter the building.
To Register for this training: Email email@example.com. Name–School/District–email and cell phone number in case of any changes. Deadline is November 8th.
This is a free training, and space is limited.