M4RA Reading Mentoring Instruction Session
The M4RA Reading Mentoring Instruction Session is the initial training to learn about the M4RA reading mentoring program. This 1:1 reading mentoring program can be implemented in public schools, juvenile detention facilities, and other organizations. Participants will be instructed on the research and value of 1:1 reading mentoring for students with disabilities and students at-risk for reading failure. During this session, participants will learn ways to involve the community, parents, and school peers to help students improve their reading and self-confidence. Administrators are encouraged to attend with those chosen to coordinate/help plan the beginnings of mentoring in their school(s) and/or organization.
Free trainings which includes:
- M4RA Instruction Session is sponsored by OCECD (Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities)
- Each school/organization receives 2 M4RA Resource Guide Books
- Discount code to purchase your Readinga-z license
- 6 contact hours
- Support from Amy and Debby to begin and to continue your reading mentoring program
Goals: Attendees will gain an understanding and functional knowledge to implement a 1:1 reading mentoring program.
Objectives: Attendees will
- be instructed in the overview of M4RA and www.Readinga-z.com.
- be given ideas about how to select, assess and track students.
- learn about www.Readinga-z.com materials including Alphabet, Phonological Awareness, Phonics, High Frequency Words, Comprehension and Fluency/Comprehension Packs.
- be instructed how to make and use individualized lesson plans that correlate to the needs and pace of each student.
- be instructed about ideas for recruiting mentors and how to train mentors with Role Play of a mentoring session.
- be shown ideas to share information about its Mentoring Program to teachers, parents, administrators, school board, and community members.
- be instructed how to use the www.M4RA.org and www.Readinga-z.com websites.
->Wednesday, January 17*, 2018; Pickaway County ESC, 2050 Stoneridge Drive, Circleville, OH 43113
The Instruction Session is in the main (first) building, and enter through the main door.
Please bring a packed lunch for the 30 minute working lunch, and your own beverages.
Sign in: 8:45 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
M4RA Instruction Session: 9a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
*Weather/Snow date is January 24th, 2018
To Register: email Debby Ambroza at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 9th, 2018 to reserve your space. Please send names, school districts/organizations, and positions. Also, send a contact cell/home number in case there are any last minute changes.
This is a free training, and space is limited.