Ideas and Reminders for more Ideas
To print Game Boards in color: Go to www.readinga-z.com. On the left side of the home page click on: Resources, Instructional Uses, Tutoring & Mentoring Packs: Comprehension Packs for levels aa-E and Fluency & Comprehension Packs for Levels F-Z. A variety of 7 Game Boards can be printed from:
- Level aa Farm Animals/ Printable -> Walk to the Beach on p. 6
- Level B We Make Cookies/ Printable -> Tree House on p. 6
- Level B Paint It Purple/ Printable -> Skate Country on p. 6
- Level D The Mitten/ Printable -> Winter on p. 6
- Level G Whose Eggs Are These?/Printable -> Water Life on p. 12
- Level G Animal Eyes/ Printable -> Jungle on p. 10
- Level G Maria Joins the Team/ Printable -> Sports Park on p. 10
Needs Attention Box/Crate/Basket, Red and Green Signs and/or Boxes: A time saving idea for the Coordinator: train the Mentors to put the Student’s Mentoring Folder in the Green Box if the folder is ready for the next mentoring session. Train the Mentors to put the Student’s Mentoring Folder in the Red Box if the folder is completed and needs a new pack, or something is missing, or the lesson is too difficult.
Beginning Your Mentoring Program
This resource is to help divide/share responsibilities, to help organize, and to be sure the materials are ready each year. Many of these steps happen simultaneously.