Place the items described below in a brown lunch bag and include this handout.
The items in this bag have special meaning:
• The cotton ball is to remind you that this room is full of kind words and warm feelings.
• The chocolate kiss is to comfort you when you are feeling sad.
• The tissue is to remind you to help dry someone’s tears.
• The sticker is to remind you that we all stick together and help each other.
• The star is to remind you to shine and always try your best.
• The gold thread is to remind you that friendship ties our hearts together.
• The rubber band is to remind you to hug someone.
• The penny is to remind you that you are valuable and special.
• The toothpick is to remind you to “pick out” the good qualities in your classmates.
• The bandage is to heal hurt feelings in your friends and in yourself.
• The eraser is to remind you that we all make mistakes and that is O.K.
• The life saver is to remind you that you can come to me if you need to talk.